Stairway to Heaven

 
Anybody remember that show?  Ok, let me stop dating myself. 
 
Anyway, I know I haven't had much to say on here and have mainly just been posted pictures along the way but we are super excited about all the progress that is being made.  I'm a little concerned with our newly erected structure being exposed to all the rain that we are supposed to get tonight but I assume the wood is treated in some way to be able to withstand the elements in the short term.  We spend most of our Friday or Saturday nights having a date night at our local Lowe's, Home Depot or any random furniture store we decide to stroll.  It's funny but it seems like when you are building a house, your entire world is consumed with house stuff, house talk, and other home building friends who are going through all of the same ups and downs that you are.  It's a good thing because I think I may be a mild irritant to my friends and family at times so I try to minimize the house talk for them.  :)
 
I have been totally stressed out on my job lately, so much so that the house woes seem minor and are a welcome reprieve from work.  Did I also mention I am taking my last class for my Master's Program.  I don't know what possessed me to allow so much stuff to get on my plate at one time but I sure will be glad when it is all over.  I have learned that when things feel like they couldn't get any worse, they usually do, but it doesn't last forever so you have to just hang in there and make the best out of whatever situations you are faced with.  I am blessed to have lots of family and friends who love me and support me and that makes all the difference.
 
I just love our trees in the back and I am glad to know I will never have to peer out my morning room window into someone else's lot.  I love the privacy.


6 comments:

  1. I used to watch that show :) Things will get better soon. When thigs are going bad you know your blessing is on the way!!! I love your trees too. I wish our tress were staying but no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remind myself of that every morning during prayer time

      Delete
  2. You all have a fantastic lot those trees are going to be nice for cookouts and shade in the summer..and hang in there I am stressing myself almost to the point that I wanted to get my downpayment back and revoke the contract. Luckily my hubby has talked me out of it for now but geesh the waiting is torture.But the progress on your home is so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but remember all the really good things are so worth waiting for. This process can and will try your patience.

      Delete
  3. Sherita your loved awesome so far!! I know you are tickled pink!! It is such a blessing and keep counting them and remember God would not put more on your plate that you can't handle !! Enjoy everything and continue to give thanks for a time such as this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadese, I will. I will rejoice and be glad.

      Delete