31 days

Well, it feels like things have slowed down a bit on our house.  We have most of the front elevation done except for one gable which is still missing shake, not sure what the hold up is (maybe they ran out of materials) and our front porch steps which were almost completed but I think they may be letting the cement set before putting our columns in place.  The drywall is up and primed but no trim work yet.  Our PM tells us they will do trim work and cabinetry this week so I am hopeful that it will be an exciting week, despite the rain in our forecast.  Oh, we also have a framed deck which was done a week ago and has been sitting.  Again, I think we may be waiting on materials because we haven't seen any composite materials lying around anywhere.  It feels like they have a lot of catching up to do if we are to close by June 20th.  I sure hope our date doesn't get pushed back.  We have a renter moving in on July 1 and I would really like to have that following week available to finish preparing things in the old house for her move.  Saying a prayer that everything falls into place just as it should.

I spent the day cleaning and painting baseboards and touching up walls and doors in the condo.  My son helped and he actually seemed to enjoy himself.  I have more stuff for him to do so I hope he keeps the same attitude for next weekend.  LOL

I looked at the calendar and realized that I really only have 3 weekends where I will be free to get everything done.  It's time for me to make one of my crazy woman "list"!

Speaking of crazy women, lately I've been feeling a bit like this......

 

4 comments:

  1. And "no", I don't feel like a man dressed as a woman for those of you who are not familiar with Madea! LOL I just realized that could be taken the wrong way if you haven't seen Madea and all her crazy antics before. She's such a bit over the top and a bit crazy...."basically me for the next 31 days" I think I'm a bit cuter though....sorry Madea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madea is much cuter as a MAN! lol. So yes, you are WAY cuter. :)
    And if it helps any, I pretty much feel like a crazy woman, and I'm not moving until August. So I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I am amongst other crazy movers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmmm, I take back everything I said 2 days ago. LOL They were rolling today. It seems like whenever you get to a short lull, they come back with full force. Lots of action today.

    ReplyDelete