Catching up
I know, I know, it's been way too long since I've posted anything. We had a few hiccups that have now been resolved and are still moving ahead with things.
We decided to stick with the Ravenna model and we have our lot marked "SOLD" and are quite thrilled. We met one of our future neighbors and his dog "Brodie" that day and he was kind enough to take our picture for us.
We had a ball picking all of our flooring and tile selections and are quite pleased with our choices. One of the new models they built has almost the exact same options that we chose so it was nice to see what it would actually look like in the house. Here's a sneak peak at the downstairs flooring we chose.
So far, we have had nothing but pleasant experiences and our sales representative Annie is the greatest. She is always on top of things and very responsive to our needs. Our loan rep, Kaja is also great.
The building process is on hold right now as we have to do our loan app the first week in December and the builder is still waiting on some permit things to be finalized since we are building in a new city and neighborhood. They are changing the elevations on the houses to more closely mirror the existing houses in the neighborhood (more bells and whistles). This is a bonus because the neighborhood is really nice and is considered a resort style neighborhood. I love the clubhouse and pool area. It looks just like a resort and there is a nice lake with a walking trail that goes all the way around it.
To keep ourselves busy and on task we are focusing on paying off every possible bill we have to put ourselves in the best financial position possible when we go for loan approval. My student loan debt is going to be a beast and unfortunately they won't be able to have the house built by 3/17/2013 which is exactly 12 months from when my student loan debt will kick in. The lenders have a 12 month rule for whether they will count your student loan debt or not so if our settlement occurred before 3/17/13 they wouldn't have to count it in their debt-to-income ratios. :( Bummer for us but i'm hoping that won't prevent us from getting approved. Lots of prayers going up!
Well that's it for now. Here are a few pics of the model in Williamsburg.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I am so proud of you both!! GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT ON THE THE LORD!!! You will flourish thru all of this... Let nothing negative enter into your minds for your home that is not of God! He is the only director in the company! AMEN!!
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I am so happy for you Team Parks!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tia and Marlo. We are super duper excited and our blessing is your blessing.
ReplyDeleteSherita!! I am so happy to see you on the blog! I absolutely love your community! I love the resort look and feel--gives me goose bumps! What a blessing!!! Can't wait to see the rest of your selections! lol smiley face!! Are you going to go with the same exterior as the model--it is so gorgeous!! Lastly, the office furniture is very similar to what I have in my inbox to purchase but some items are unavailable. Can you send me the photo via email?
ReplyDeleteNadase,
ReplyDeleteOur exterior will be a little different but we will have the partial stone front like the one in the picture. Our roofline will be higher and there will some differences in the elevation. We are just waiting on the final delivery of the new elevations from the architects. I can't wait to see them. Oh and we did not copy your kitchen selections after all, even though I still love what you chose. I look forward to seeing all of your pictures once you have moved in and worked your decorating magic. I need to have you come to VA to help me. LOL
Tell me that's a mini golf course!? Awesome!!
ReplyDeleteYep, mini golf course. I love the putt putt and the huge lake w a walking path around it tourqeyes. Its really nice.
Delete